suddenly need to trigger custom timer job run manually but just found out no easy /OOB to do of it, so searching around the solution at web.
You cannot force the execution of the jobs through the Central Administration
Note : For the out of the box timer jobs, you can use the stsadm –o execadmsvcjobs command but this will mereexecute the administrative timer jobs ly execute the administrative timer jobs but it will not execute the custom ones.
below is my found out conclusion :
- stsadm –o execadmsvcjobs only execute the administrative timer jobs ( from this blog )
- you can Using SharePoint Manager 2007 to monitor timer jobs.( from this blog )
- Changing schedule of timer jobs ( so can make it to minute later to run it )
- you can run the extended command STSADM -O RUNTIMERJOB -NAME (NAME OF TIMER JOB) -URL (SITE COLLECTION URL) but is not an OOB command, it requires additional functionality installed on SP2007
- Install TVR timerjob solution from codeplex ( here )
- another one solution from codeplex zevenseas Timerjob Overview.