SiteManager web UI
First you will need to bring up the UI. The URL to the Site Manager is only available in MOSS and you can find it at http://server/_layouts/SiteManager.aspx. Now you can change that to any site url and add the _layouts/SiteManager.aspx, but keep in mind that if you are moving things around you probably want to hit the top-level of the site collection to do this.
Once you have the Site Manager page up it is pretty simple to use.
- Expand the tree on the right hand side to find the site you want to move
- Click on the parent of that site in the right hand tree to load the left hand panel
- Check the checkbox next to the site you want to move
- Click on the Actions -> Move menu option
- Expand the tree in the popup Move dialog to find the new parent site
- Click on the parent site in the tree and click the Ok button
This method has the benefit of being more visual, however it does lack so of the power of STSADM since you can't rename the URL with it. You have to go in to Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Title, description, and icon to change the URL name. This mean a two step process to reparent and rename a web through the Web UI as opposed to the one step with STSADM.
this is cool feature for admin to manage the sites, you can check all your entire moss sites. edit , delete create new sites and see have what list, add item..is cool!!
i will try to promote this to user as much as i can!!! :)